The Ethical Socialist Collaborative was formed in July 2019. We have three goals:
- We are a caucus of the Democratic Socialists of America. We promote candidates and causes within DSA that reflect the values of ethical socialism.
- We educate about ethical socialism, primarily through working groups within local DSA chapters, focusing on the four parts of our platform.
- We research issues on ethical socialism:
- The work of non-Marxist socialists is under researched. Much socialism grounded religious conviction is not Marxist in nature. We are particularly interested in exploring the ideas of non-Marxist socialists outside of Europe and the US, as well as non-Christian, religious socialists because these voices are especially unheard.
- Social policy through the lens of ethical socialism.